- It is estimated that 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will be victims of sexual abuse before their 18th birthday.
- It is estimated that only 1 in 10 will ever tell someone about their abuse.
- More than 90% of child victims are abused by someone they know and trust.
- Almost one million reports of child abuse are confirmed each year in the U.S.
- A National Call to Action states that the rate of child abuse is ten times the rate of cancer.
- An estimated 39 million survivors of childhood sexual abuse exist in America today
- For more information visit www.onewithcourage.org
To have even a single child victimized by abuse is too many! If we don't protect our children, who will?
Report suspected child abuse to 1-800-252-5400 or 911.